Friday, April 22, 2011

Pillow Case Dress

This is another pillow case dress I made for Kinzy's birthday.


My husband bought me a sewing machine several years ago that just sat in it's box till last year. This was one of the first fabrics I bought on sale along with a pink version of it. Last year when I decided to teach myself to sew, pattern free, I had no idea of how much fabric I would need. I bought a 1/2 yard of each fabric thinking it was a good place to start making two matching dresses for the girls. But soon I found that wasn't possible and I didn't have the knowledge I have now in making a few adjustments here and there to make the most of my fabric. 


So, Kinzy has a pink dress now with matching blue ribbon ties on each shoulder, 
(sorry I forgot to take a picture of it last year when I made it), and this blue one with the fabric tie off to one side.


I like the tie on this one better, I also added 
 pink Ric Rac to the bottom for something different.
Super easy dress to try if your just learning to sew like me
and lots of different variations you can do with it 
if you get a little creative. Best of all you don't need a pattern 
for this dress just a couple of measurements. 


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment