Friday, March 18, 2011

DIY Greeting Card Set

I don't know about you, but I go through creative phases where I make the heck out of somethings until I can't look at it anymore! I usually can't make the same thing twice, because I get bored. I will assembly line a project if I know I need more than one, because I will never get around to making more. The same thing goes if I walk away in the middle of a project for too long, it will sit around for awhile on a corner shelf then eventually get tossed into the bin labeled "Still Working On".
A couple of years ago I would make all my cards for all occasions, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Weddings, baby showers,Valentine's, Easter, well you get the idea, and even a few blank cards that I could use just in case I forgot somebody. I would start with January and work my way through the year to Christmas, "Yes, I even made all my Christmas cards", and I tried to not forget anyone. I kept it up for about a year and a half when I finally started getting bored and found myself dreading to make a another card, pretty soon I was making a card here buying a card there until I decided their were too many birthdays and holidays to keep up and that's when I took a break and discovered sewing again.

This was a birthday gift, I think I gave it to my sister, I can't remember it was a couple years ago, I just came across these photo's in my files and thought I would post them. In the top left corner of the picture below is a box I made for the cards to fit into, all but the wish card, that was the actual birthday card. 


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment